Content and Moderation Policy
This site and the Avail repositories are intended as resources for people who wish to learn about and discuss the Avail programming language. We would like to ensure a respectful, productive, and enjoyable environment for all users. To that end, moderators will enforce the following policies:
- No spammers. Registration procedures try to automatically filter out spammy account registration attempts, but the process is not perfect. Registrations that are suspicious may be rejected and IP addresses banned.
- No spam. Content or comments which obviously have nothing to do with the topic at hand or which promote commercial or suspicious websites are subject to removal, and the posting user is subject to deletion/IP banning. Deceptive or gratuitous linking is spam.
- No jerks. Trolling, flaming, bigotry of all forms, otherwise offensive content, and general jerkiness will not be tolerated. These resources are provided to promote collaboration.
- No personal attacks. It's one thing to disagree with someone, and another to pick on the source. Don't do that.
- Be productive. If you are trying to make an objective point and you can't stay away from logical fallacies, then you're probably doing it wrong. If you're laboring hard at a subjective point, then you're definitely doing it wrong. If things just don't seem to be going your way, you might not be able to win this one. Remember that there will always be people who are wrong on the internet, and move on.
- Stay on topic. We're not the thought police, but we do want to make sure content stays organized and sensible. Please do not derail discussions.
This list is not meant to be exhaustive, but a guideline.
At the discretion of our moderators, users with otherwise neutral or positive posting histories may be reminded publicly or privately of these points and other points of respectful and reasonable discourse before action is taken. Such actions may include removal of content, automatic diversion to a moderation queue, restriction from posting or content access, account deletion, or IP banning.
Please also remember that the people behind this website are human, not humorless, and not infallible. Questions regarding our policies may be directed to the "info" mailbox at this domain.